Kelas Semi Hands On di Teratak Chetam
October 07, 2005
Apple Bun sumbangan Diana ResepiNet
BASIC SWEET BUN DOUGH
Bread flour 480 gm
Plain flour 120 gm
Caster sugar 110 gm
Milk powder 20 gm
Dry yeast 4 tsp
Bread Improver 1 tsp (optional)
Egg 1 no
Cold water 300 ml
Unsalted butter 60 gm
Salt 10 gm
1. Mix (A) till well blended (just use a spoon to stir to mix well). Add (B) to form a dough. Add in (C) and knead until dough is elastic and smooth.
2. Gather dough to form a ball and cover dough with cling wrap and let it rest for abt 50-60 mins or double in size.
3. Divide dough into portions of 50 or 60 gm each. Shape into balls and leave it to rest for abt 10 mins.
4. Roll out dough and wrap with desired fillings. Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
5. Egg wash dough. Bake dough at 180-190C for abt 12 mins
NOTE: For those who would like to freezer unused dough. Stop at Step 3. After shaping dough into balls straight away keep the dough properly in container in the freezer compartment for later use.
When ready to use, slightly flour the tabletop and take the dough out to thaw. When dough is thawed, roll out the dough and add in fillings and shape it. Leave it on baking sheet to prove for abt an hour or until it is double in size. Bake as per normal.
Apple Filling (A)
2 Big Apples cut into small cubes.
150g Sugar (adjust accordingly)
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Some Cinnamon Powder
Apple Filling (B)
Apple Filling (C)
1. Cook A till boiling. Add B mixture to A and cook till thickens. Remove from heat and add C.
2. Divide the baisc sweet bun dough into portions. Shape to balls and let it rest for 15 mins.
3. Roll the dough out flat to make rectangles. Place some apple fillings at one one and cut strips at the other end with a knife. Roll them up from the filling end.
4. Put on baking sheet and prove till then they double in size
5. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with some cinnamon powder. Bake at 190C for 15 mins or till nicely browned. Glaze some butter on hot buns and serve.