Orange Burfi is a popular dessert from Maharashtrain city of Nagpur. This is very easy to make and does not need any fancy ingredients. Can be prepared within 30 mts. Tastes super fabulous!
Preparation time - 5 mts
Cooking time - 25 mts
Serves - 4 to 6
- 1 cup All Purpose flour / Maida
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Orange Zest / Peel
- 1/2 cup Ghee / 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
1) Heat ghee in a pan, add all purpose flour, mix and cook till it gets nice golden color and nice aroma starts to come out.
2) Add orange zest, mix and add orange juice slowly in flour mixture.
3) Add sugar and milk powder and cook till mixture becomes thick.
4) Transfer in to greased tray and wait till it gets cool down completely.
5) Form pieces in desire shape.
1) Add of orange zest or peels is optional.
2) Refrigerate mixture for quicker cooling.