Minta maaf sebab bahasa orang susah. InsyaAllah, Chetam akan cuba dapatkan satu lagi resepi dari majalah.
Resepi dari Mas Rnet
Gambar dari Arlina Rnet
PANDAN LAYER CAKE
70gm caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
80 gm oil
115gm pandan juice
150gm superfine flour
1tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
60gm caster sugar
1tsp cream of tartar
1050gm santan cair
225gm caster sugar
75ml pandan juice/extract
3/4tsp pandan essence
90gm green hoen kwoe
1 1/2 Tb agar2 powder
1. Preheat oven 180C.
2. Beat A by using hand whisk until sugar dissolve.
3. Add in sifted B, stir until combined.
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, add in caster sugar and continue to beat until stiff (meringue).
5. Fold C into AB mixture in 3 batches (3 times) using hand whisk, each time stir SLOWLY.
6. Pour into a lined 10 x 10 inch tin.
7. Baked for around 45-50 minutes or until top is brown. Once baked, straight away invert tin on to wire rack and let it cool for 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour, turnover, remove from tin and rid off crust or skin from top of cake.
9. Slice into 4 layers. Put aside and prepare for custard.
10. Combine D in a non stick wok or saucepan.
11. Cook under low flame, stir constantly until thicken and bubble appeared. Off flame.
12. Use back the tin. Pour around 1 ½ cup of custard into tin and level it out. Let it set a little while (not too long)
13. Take a layer of cake and lay it on the custard. Pour custard onto the cake and make sure to fill the gap at the sides. (In the case where there is too little gap in between cake and tin, cut off the sides beforehand)
14. Repeat same for next layer and the last layer will be the cake layer. NEVER POUR CUSTARD on top of the layer as that will be the base of the cake.
15. Cover the top with cling wrap or aluminum foil and chill cake for 3-4 hours but overnight better.
16. Once chilled, use knife to loosen custard at the sides (please be careful you might cut the custard),
17. Turn the cake over gently on to a board and sprinkle with dessicated coconut on top and to the sides of the cake and voila, it’s ready to be eaten….
Note: Can use sponge cake instead of chiffon